Kuehne + Nagel's OMS is designed to provide leading-edge data integration and exception-based management tools for logistics and procurement professionals, giving complete, timely and liable information to improve supply chain decisions, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
Through integration of supply chain partners and processes, OMS can be used not only to capture and provide data for ERP, supply chain and financial management systems, but also as a single platform for visibility, monitoring and reporting. Providing visibility of product in the pipeline allows management by exception, and can identify products, orders and shipments requiring specific actions,
- OMS facilitates third party interaction by improving communication, and easing location challenges.
- OMS systematically prompts vendors to follow structured processes and can monitor and evaluate trading partner performance.
- Advice of order completion prior to product receipt at destination permits better planning for workload, staffing and capacity requirements.
- OMS supports efforts to improve product availability through production planning by optimising inventory levels, increasing stock turns and reducing lead times.
- Documentation services can assist in the reduction of demurrage and detention costs arising from documentation accuracy and availability.
- Overall productivity is increased due to automated decision making processes, enabling logistics operators to focus on their core activities.
Vendor Integration and Management
We work closely with vendors to ensure that they clearly understand the
customer’s business requirements, including administrative processes,
communication standards and physical goods flows.
- Vendor logistics guidelines
- Orientation, training, and local country support
- Connectivity via KN Login
- Scorecards and performance measurement
Kuehne + Nagel’s extensive experience in every component of the order
management process enables its customers to derive significant benefits
in terms of faster realization of order accuracy, analytics and improved
- EDI order receipt and confirmation
- Proactive order follow-up
- Supplier booking against order lines
- Variance monitoring and reporting
- Buyer’s consolidation
- Multi-country consolidation (MCC)
- Store and call-off
- Pick and pack